Schedule of Fees
Broad River Electric Cooperative, Inc. Fees, Schedules, and Other Rules
Applications for service will be accepted at:
- Broad River Electric Co-op offices
- Designated community pay stations
Deposits for residential electrical service:
Deposits are now determined by getting a credit report on the member who is applying. The amount of deposit may range from $100 to $350.
A $25.00 non-refundable connect fee will be charged for each connection to a new or existing service.
Ways to Pay:
- Broad River Electric Co-op office
- Community pay stations
- Mail in window envelopes
- In night deposit at co-op office
- Levelized Billing
- Automatic Credit Card or Bank Draft
- Bank draft
- Check or money order
- Credit card (visa, master card, American Express, or Discover )
- There is a 2.45% processing fee on the payment amount on all credit card payments.
Returned check fee:
A fee of $30.00 will be charged for all returned checks.
Important Bill Payment Information
- Payments must be received in co-op office on or before due date.
- Bills are due 15 days after bill date.
- To avoid 5% late penalty, payment must be received by 5:00 pm on the due date.
- Accounts are subject to disconnect if unpaid 25 days after bill date.
When a payment is collected in the field during a disconnection for non-payment, the account will be charged $30.00.
Delinquent account reconnect fees and procedures:
Payment of bills for services that have been disconnected for nonpayment must be paid at the cooperative office or at a pay station during normal working hours. No payments will be taken in the field after 5:00 p.m.
Accounts that have been disconnected for nonpayment will be charged a reconnect fee as outlined below:
Monday through Friday:
8:00 am to 4:00 pm - $40.00
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm - $50.00
8:00 pm to 8:00 am - Reconnects will not be made during these hours
Holidays and weekends:
8:00 am to 8:00 pm - $50.00
8:00 pm to 8:00 am - reconnects will not be made during these hours